Although Severn Bank attempts to provide accurate information, names, images, pictures, logos, icons, documents, and materials (collectively, the “Contents”) on the Website, it makes no representation, endorsement, or warranty that such Contents are accurate or suitable for any particular purpose. THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS IS AT THE USER’S SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR ACCURACY AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION OF WARRANTIES (IF ANY) WHICH CANNOT BE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. AS NOTED BELOW, SEVERN BANK ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, ENDORSEMENTS, OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE OPERATED BY A THIRD PARTY.
Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT WILL SEVERN BANK OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER A CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PARTY’S USE OF THE WEBSITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE SYSTEM FAILURE, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OF USE RELATED TO THIS WEBSITE OR ANY WEBSITE OPERATED BY ANY THIRD PARTY OR ANY CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE, EVEN IF SEVERN BANK IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Use of Website.
Contents are included in this Website solely for the personal use of Website users. You may not copy (other than a copy for personal use), modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, transfer, resell, or republish any of the Contents of this Website without the prior written consent of Severn Bank, which may be withheld in its sole discretion.
Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property.
Except where otherwise expressly noted or as noted below, all Contents of this Website, including the graphics, icons and overall appearance of the Website, are the sole and exclusive property of Severn Savings Banks FSB and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Links to Other Websites.
Severn Bank may establish links between this Website and one or more Websites operated by third parties. Severn Bank has no control over any such other Websites or the contents therein. The existence of any such links shall not constitute an endorsement by Severn of such Websites, the contents of the Websites, or the operators of the Websites.
Transmissions to and from this Website.
Except where expressly indicated otherwise, transmissions to and from this Website or directed to Severn Bank, including E-mails, are not sent in a secure form and can be intercepted by third parties and may not be immediately received by the appropriate business unit at Severn Bank. Please do not use E-mail to send us communications which contain confidential information, which we require to be in writing, or which need our immediate attention. Please call 410-260-2000 or write us instead at this address: Severn Savings Bank, 200 Westgate Circle, Suite 200, Annapolis, MD, 21401, Attention: Solution Center. Any transmission to this Website, including E-mails shall be deemed and remain the property of Severn Bank.
Severn Bank may at any time make modifications, changes, and alterations to the Contents of this Website, including these Terms and Conditions, without prior notice. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. Your continued use of this Website following any modifications, changes, or alterations shall constitute your acceptance of such modifications, changes, or alterations.
You may contact Severn Bank by E-mail link to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 410-260-2000 or by mail to Severn Bank, 200 Westgate Circle, Suite 200, Annapolis, MD, 21401, Attention: Solution Center with questions or problems with this Website.
Mobile Terms and Conditions
Thank you for using Severn Bank Mobile Banking combined with your handheld’s text messaging capabilities. Message & Data rates may apply. For help, text “HELP” to 48179. To cancel, text “STOP” to 25215 at any time. In case of questions please contact customer service at 1-800-435-4184 or visit www.severnbank.com.
- Program: Severn Bank offers their customers mobile access to their account information (e.g., for checking balances and last transactions) over SMS, as well as the option to set up alerts for their accounts (e.g., low balance alerts). Enrollment requires identification of the user’s banking relationship as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number’s verification is done by the user receiving an SMS message with a verification code which they will have to enter on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Message & Data rates may apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
- Questions: You can contact us at 1-800-435-4184, or send a text message with the word “HELP” to this number: 48179. We can answer any questions you have about the program.
- To Stop the program: To stop the messages from coming to your phone, you can opt out of the program via SMS. Just send a text that says “STOP” to this number: 25215. You’ll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will not receive any future messages.
- Terms & Conditions: By participating in Mobile Banking, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions presented here.
- Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to) AT&T, SprintPCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS.
Mobile Banking and any software you may obtain from Mobile Banking (“Software”) may not be available at any time for any reason outside of the reasonable control of Severn Bank or any service provider.
Privacy and User Information.
You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, Severn Bank and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files, data about your usage of the service (such as session length, number of transactions and geolocation), and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software (collectively “User Information”). Severn Bank and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking, perform analytics to improve the service, and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you. Severn Bank and its affiliates and service providers also reserve the right to monitor use of Mobile Banking and the Software for purposes of verifying compliance with the law, these terms and conditions and any applicable license, but disclaim any obligation to monitor, filter, or edit any content.
Restrictions on Use.
You agree not to use Mobile Banking or the Software in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal, and international Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use Mobile Banking or the Software to transmit or disseminate: (i) junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material; (ii) material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers; (iii) material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by Severn Bank (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of Severn Bank or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of Mobile Banking; (iv) material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or services of any wireless carrier; (v) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information; (vi) any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (vii) any material that would expose Severn Bank, any third-party service provider involved in providing Mobile Banking, or any other third party to liability; or (viii) any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party. You agree that you will not attempt to: (a) access any software or services for which your use has not been authorized; or (b) use or attempt to use a third party’s account; or (c) interfere in any manner with the provision of Mobile Banking or the Software, the security of Mobile Banking or the Software, or other customers of Mobile Banking or the Software; or (d) otherwise abuse Mobile Banking or the Software.
Use of Google Maps:
You agree to abide by the Google terms and conditions of use found at http://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.html and the Google Legal Notices found at http://www.maps.google.com/help/legal notices_maps.html, or other URLs as may be updated by Google.
Fingerprint Login for Mobile Banking.
Fingerprint Login is an optional fingerprint sign-in method for Severn Bank Mobile Banking that may be available for certain Apple® (via Touch ID™) and Android® mobile devices that have a built-in fingerprint scanner. To use Fingerprint Login, you will need to first save your fingerprint on your mobile device (for more help with fingerprint scanning, contact the manufacturer that supports your mobile device.). Fingerprints are stored on your device only and Severn Bank never sees or stores your fingerprint information. You acknowledge that by enabling Fingerprint Login, you will allow anyone who has a fingerprint stored on your device access to your personal and payment account information within Severn Bank Mobile Banking. Severn Bank reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Fingerprint Login can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a device. If your device doesn’t recognize your fingerprint, you can sign in using your standard login credentials (e.g., password). To use Fingerprint Login for Mobile Banking on multiple devices, you will need to set it up for each device. You can enable or disable Fingerprint Login anytime within Severn Bank Mobile Banking.
Apple and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Card Controls Additional Terms.
- The Card Controls feature is only available for debit cards issued by Severn Bank that you register within the Mobile Banking App.
- The Card Controls alerts and controls you set through use of the Mobile Banking App may continue to apply, even if you delete the Mobile Banking App or remove it from your mobile device. Please contact Severn Bank to discontinue the alerts and controls.
- Certain Card Control functionality within the Mobile Banking App may not be available for all transactions. Controls and alerts based on the location of the mobile device where the Mobile Banking App is installed or the location of the merchant where the card is being attempted for use may not apply appropriately to card-not-present transactions or transactions where the actual location of the merchant differs from the merchant’s registered address.
- Card Controls may enable access to Severn Bank and third parties’ services and web sites, including GPS locator websites, such as Google’s. Use of such services may require Internet access and that you accept additional terms and conditions applicable thereto.
- To the extent this Mobile Banking App allows you to access third party services, Severn Bank, and those third parties, as applicable, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any of those services at any time without notice. In no event will we be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such services. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain services, in any case and without notice or liability.
- THE MOBILE BANKING APP, THE SERVICES AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON- INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF THE MOBILE BANKING APP OR THE SERVICES MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT THEY ARE PROHIBITED BY STATE LAW.
- Limitation of Liability. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE MOBILE BANKING APP AND THE SERVICES MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS, INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES THAT IS CAUSED BY OR ARISES OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE MOBILE BANKING APP, OR THE SERVICES, OR THE WEBSITES THROUGH WHICH THE MOBILE BANKING APP OR THE SERVICE OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE MOBILE BANKING APP, THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE THROUGH WHICH THE APP OR THE SERVICES IS OFFERED, THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS AND CONTRACTORS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Alerts Additional Terms.
Alerts. Your enrollment in Severn Bank Online Banking and/or Mobile Banking (the “Service”) includes enrollment to receive transaction alerts and notifications (“Alerts”). Alerts are electronic notices from us that contain transactional information about your Severn Bank account(s). Alerts are provided within the following categories:
- Mandatory Alerts provide you with important account notifications, such as information about changes to your Online Banking password, PIN, or login information. You do not have the option to suppress these Mandatory Alerts.
- Account Alerts provide you with notification of important account activities or when certain changes are made to your Service accounts. These Alerts are automatically activated for you. Although you may suppress these Account Alerts, we strongly recommend that you do not do so because they provide important information related to your Service accounts.
- Additional Alerts must be activated by you to be enabled. These Additional Alerts can be accessed from the More menu within Severn Bank Mobile Banking.
Account Alerts and Additional Alerts must be managed and/or added online through the Service. You cannot maintain all Alerts through your mobile device. We may add new Alerts from time to time, or cancel old Alerts. We usually notify you when we cancel Alerts, but are not obligated to do so. Severn Bank reserves the right to terminate its Alerts service at any time without prior notice to you.
Methods of Delivery. We may provide Alerts through one or more channels (“EndPoints”): (a) a mobile device, by text message; (b) a mobile device, by push notification; (c) an email account, by an e-mail message; or (d) your Severn Bank Online Banking message in-box, by an e-mail message. You agree to receive Alerts through these EndPoints, and it is your responsibility to determine that each of the service providers for the EndPoints described in (a) through (c) above supports the email, push notification, and text message Alerts provided through the Alerts service. Please be advised that text or data charges or rates may be imposed by your EndPoint service provider. Alert frequency varies by account and preferences. You agree to provide us a valid mobile phone number or email address so that we may send you Alerts. If your email address or your mobile device’s number changes, you are responsible for informing us of that change. Your Alerts will be updated to reflect the changes that you communicate to us with regard to your primary and secondary email addresses or mobile device number.
Alerts via Text Message. To stop Alerts via text message, text “STOP” to 25215 at any time. Alerts sent to your primary email address will be unaffected by this action. To restore Alerts on your mobile phone, just visit the Alerts tab in Severn Bank Online Banking and click the box next to your mobile number for the Alerts you’d like to receive again. For help with SMS text alerts, text “HELP” to 48179. In case of questions please contact customer service at 1-800-435-4184. Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to) AT&T, SprintPCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS.
Limitations. Severn Bank provides Alerts as a convenience to you for information purposes only. An Alert does not constitute a bank record for the deposit or credit account to which it pertains. We strive to provide Alerts in a timely manner with accurate information. However, you acknowledge and agree that your receipt of any Alerts may be delayed or prevented by factor(s) affecting your mobile phone service provider, internet service provider(s) and other factors outside Severn Bank’s control. We neither guarantee the delivery nor the accuracy of the contents of each Alert. You agree to not hold Severn Bank, its directors, officers, employees, agents and service providers liable for losses or damages, including attorneys’ fees, that may arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from (a) a non-delivery, delayed delivery, or the misdirected delivery of an Alert; (b) inaccurate or incomplete content in an Alert; or (c) your reliance on or use of the information provided in an Alert for any purpose.
Alert Information. As Alerts delivered via SMS, email and push notifications are not encrypted, we will never include your passcode or full account number. You acknowledge and agree that Alerts may not be encrypted and may include your name and some information about your accounts, and anyone with access to your Alerts will be able to view the contents of these messages.
Privacy and User Information – Data Analytics.
You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, Severn Bank and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive data about your usage of the service (such as session length, number of transactions and geolocation), and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software. Severn Bank and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking, perform analytics to improve the service, and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you.
Biometric Login for Mobile Banking.
Biometric login is an optional biometric sign-in method for Severn Bank Mobile Banking that may be available for certain Apple® (via Touch ID™ or Face ID™) and Android® mobile devices that have a built-in biometric scanner. To use biometric login, you will need to first save your fingerprint/facial feature scan on your mobile device (for more help with biometric scanning, contact the manufacturer that supports your mobile device). Biometrics are stored on your device only and Severn Bank never sees or stores your biometric information. You acknowledge that by enabling biometric login, you will allow anyone who has biometric information stored on your device access to your personal and payment account information within Severn Bank Mobile Banking. Severn Bank reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Biometric login can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a device. If your device doesn’t recognize your biometric information, you can sign in using your standard login credentials (e.g., password). To use biometric login for Mobile Banking on multiple devices, you will need to set it up for each device. You can enable or disable biometric login anytime within Severn Bank Mobile Banking.
Apple, Touch ID, and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Mobile Deposit Capture.
Equipment. To use Mobile Deposit Capture, you must have a supported mobile device with a supported camera and supported operating system, have a data plan for your mobile device, and download the App to your mobile device. We do not guarantee that your particular mobile device, mobile camera, mobile device operating system or carrier will be compatible with the Service.
Approval. Severn Bank requires an approval process for the use of the Mobile Deposit Software with Mobile Banking. A notification through e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address on file of approval or denial of the Service.
- New customers (less than 30 days) will not be allowed to apply for Mobile Deposit.
- Existing customers (over 30 days) with accounts in good standing with the bank will be reviewed and approved or denied within 48 business hours of applying for Mobile Deposit.
- Mobile Deposit Capture is only available for personal banking customers through retail internet banking. Commercial customers who would like a similar service must register for business online banking.
Deposit Checks. We can accept checks payable to you, drawn on a U.S. bank. We cannot accept checks payable to others or made payable to a business, traveler’s cheques, money orders, foreign checks, substitute checks, or returned checks, postdated or stale dated checks (more than 6 months old).
Endorsement and Procedures. In order for an item to be processed for deposit, it must be endorsed in the proper location on the back of the item by the payee. The endorsement must also read “for deposit only Mobile Deposit”. You agree to follow any and all other procedures and instructions for use of the Service as we may establish from time to time. You agree to supply any information in your possession that we request regarding a check or item deposited or attempted to be deposited through the Service.
You enter the amount of the check as a deposit is made through the Service. If we determine that the check is for a different amount, we may adjust the check amount and notify you of the adjustment. At all times, the check will be deposited for the amount read by us.
Receipt of Checks and Items Crediting. We reserve the right to reject any check or item transmitted through the Service, at our discretion, without liability to you or anyone else. We are not responsible for checks or items that we do not receive in accordance with this Addendum or for images that are dropped or damaged during transmission. An image of a check or item shall be deemed received when you receive a confirmation from Severn Bank that we have received the image.
Availability. As provided in the relevant deposit agreement governing your Mobile Deposit Account, deposits received and accepted before a particular time of a Business Day (the “Cutoff Time”) are credited on the same day. Deposits received and accepted after the Cutoff Time on a Business Day are credited on the next Business Day. Funds may not be available for use on the day of the credit. Refer to the Funds Availability Policy provided at account opening for details regarding the availability of deposits. Severn Bank may establish later Cutoff Times for checks and items deposited via the Service, crediting your Mobile Deposit Account for such checks and items even if received and accepted after the applicable Cutoff Time specified in the relevant deposit account agreement governing your Mobile Deposit Account. Severn Bank reserves the right to change the Cutoff Times for checks and items deposited via the Service at any time as permitted by law. Regardless of whether Severn Bank establishes later Cutoff Times for checks and items deposited via the Service, you understand and agree that checks and items must be received and accepted by Severn Bank before the applicable Cutoff Time and must not be incomplete, illegible or erroneous to be eligible for same-day crediting.
Disposal of Transmitted Checks and items. After a check or item has posted to your account, you agree to prominently mark the check or item as “Electronically Presented.” You agree never to present again to us, or any other party, a check or item that has been deposited through the Service unless we notify you that the check or item has not been and will not be accepted for deposit through the Service. You will promptly provide any check or item, or a sufficient copy of the front and back of the check or item, to Severn Bank as requested to aid in the clearing and collection process, to resolve claims by third parties with respect to any check or item, or for Severn Bank’s audit purposes. You agree to retain the check or item for at least 60 calendar days after the date of the image transmission. After the 60-day period, you agree to destroy or otherwise properly dispose of checks and items that have been accepted for deposit through the Service and have cleared to ensure that such checks and items are not presented again for payment and prior to disposal or destruction, to safeguard such checks and items.
Deposit Limits. We reserve the right to impose limits on the amounts and/or number of deposits that you transmit using the Service (over a period of time set by us), and to modify such limits at any time.
- You may deposit up to five checks totaling no more than $5,000.00 per day with no one check equaling more than $2,500.00 Lower limits may apply for newer accounts.
Presentment. The manner in which the checks and items are cleared, presented for payment, and collected shall be in Severn Bank’s sole discretion as set forth in the relevant deposit account agreement governing your Mobile Deposit Account.