This page is intended to act as the full agreement by and between Severn Bank (the Bank) and the applying consumers (Consenting Party) with respect to the use of electronic signature and the ability to deliver new account applicants their disclosures electronically.
Please read the e-Consent Disclosure, complete the requested information, and indicate your decision to Accept or Decline receipt of electronic mortgage disclosures. Once you have indicated your choice to accept electronic disclosures, you will receive disclosures via email at the address you have supplied for the loan(s) requested.
Thank you for choosing Severn Savings Bank for your financing needs!
Apply for a mortgage loan today.
Call us with any questions
Disclosure Statement Regarding the Use of Electronic Signature
The Bank and the Consenting Party agree to the following:
- Each Consenting Party authorizes the Bank to use an electronic signature of the Consenting Party for all documents, agreements, attachments and addendums including, without limitation, all deposit related documents such as account agreements, security agreements and acknowledgements (the Documents) in any way connected to the transaction being entered into between the Consenting Party and the Bank (the Transaction). This consent is specifically to permit electronic signature (as of the nature then in use by the Bank) in lieu of hand-written signatures on any one or more of the Documents.
- The Bank consents to accept such signatures as true, correct and binding signatures of the Consenting Party and to enter into the Transaction in reliance thereon.
- Each Consenting Party agrees that its electronic signature will be enforceable as and to the full extent of a hand-written signature as an original for enforcement/enforceability of the Documents containing the electronic signature(s), whether in court (state or federal), arbitration or otherwise. The Consenting Party will not raise any defenses or invoke regulatory or statutory claim attempting to invalidate the enforceability of the Documents to which the electronic signature is affixed.
NOTICES: Any notice from the Bank to the Consenting Party shall be deemed given when mailed, postage paid, and addressed to any Consenting Party at the last address furnished by the Consenting Party to the Bank. Any notice from the Consenting Party to the Bank shall be deemed given when mailed, postage paid, and addressed to the Bank at its principal place of business.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement contains and constitutes the entire understanding between the Bank and each Consenting Party regarding the subject matter hereof and may not be modified amended, or terminated except by written agreement signed the Bank and each Consenting Party that such modification, amendment or termination affects. All prior subsequent oral agreements and/or discussions related to this agreement are superseded by this Agreement. Further, in the event of any conflict between the terms and provisions contained in this Agreement and any other document(s) relating to use of electronic signatures, the terms and provisions of this Agreement shall control.
BINDING EFFECT: The obligations hereof shall bind the heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns of each Consenting Party, and all rights, benefits and privileges herby conferred on the Bank shall be and hereby are extended to and conferred upon and may be enforced by its successors and assigns. Further, if any Consenting Party is a partnership, the obligations hereof shall continue in force, and apply, notwithstanding any change in the membership of such partnership, whether arising from death or retirement of one of the partners or the accession of one or more new partners.
ENFORCEABILITY: Whenever possible each provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted in such manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law. If any provision of this Agreement shall be prohibited by or invalid under applicable law, such provision shall be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity, without invalidating the remainder of such provision of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
HEADINGS: Section headings/titles are for convenience only and are not to be used in construing or interpreting this Agreement.
GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state in which the account(s) is opened except to the extent that federal law is controlling.
Disclosure Statement Regarding Electronic Delivery of Documents
Severn Bank provides you with the option to receive, electronically, certain documents related to your account, which are otherwise provided in paper form in person or by U.S. mail. Before you consent to receive these documents electronically, we want you to know:
- You have the option to receive documents electronically or by paper copy delivered by U.S. mail. Both types of documents contain the same information.
- If you select electronic delivery, you will cease to receive a paper copy unless notified by you.
- Your consent to electronic delivery of documents will apply to other notices, agreements, and disclosures in connection with your new account application and other such documents as we may make available from time to time.
- Once you have consented to receive documents electronically, you can withdraw this consent at any time at no cost to you by sending notice in writing to:Severn Bank
200 Westgate Circle, Suite 200
Annapolis, MD 21401
- Such withdrawal will be effective within five business days of receipt by Severn Bank.
- You may request a paper copy of any disclosure document delivered electronically at no cost by calling us at 1-800-752-5854. Requesting a paper copy will not affect your participation in the electronic delivery of future documents.
- In order to access documents electronically, you will need a personal computer with Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9.0, 10.0 or 11.0, the latest version of Firefox, or the latest version of Chrome; Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or newer; Internet access through an Internet Service Provider (ISP); and an email address. Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 may be downloaded at no cost on the Internet at http://www.adobe.com/, but all other software, hardware and systems must be provided at your cost.
- You must provide us with a current, valid email address. In the event you change your email address, you must notify us.
- Severn Bank reserves the right to terminate this service at any time.
For record-keeping purposes, the following information is required to proceed:
Severn Bank wants to help educate you
View our Personal Banking Tutorials to get helpful assistance with many of the features offered at Severn Bank.
Watch our Business Banking Video Tutorials to learn more about the Business Banking offerings at Severn Bank.